30 March 2012
I am 5!
for his 5th birthday, he requested a chocolate cake with cherries.
so here it is specially for him, a Black Forest cake.
it has chocolate, it has cherries! Bingo!
28 March 2012
of macaron, i think Laduree.
of our backpacking days back then in Europe,
and not forgetting the failures & challenges in achieving these perfect gems!
a mac, some instagram photos, a walk down the memory lane.
Till we bring our boys to Europe again for backpacking when they are much older and get to try the famous Laduree macaroons, meanwhile it will be mac from home-made goodness.
Counting on... ... ...
02 March 2012
Cone or Cupcake?
What could make a kid happier with these treats?!
Ice cream cone cupcakes are easy to make and something a little different to serve with the combination of the best of both world!
Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes:
Fergal Connolly 500 cupcakes & muffins
225g Unsalted butter (soften)
225g Caster sugar
225g Self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
4 tbsp Dutch-process cocoa powder
1 tsp Vanilla essence
14 ice cream cones
*chocolate whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 175deg C
2. Line muffin tin with aluminium foil
*this is to stable the cones for scooping the batter in.
3. Poke a hole through the aluminium foil and place the ice cream cone into it. Set aside.
4. Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl, whisk with an electric until smooth, about 5 minutes. Yes! Fast & Easy!
5. Spoon the batter into the cones about 3/4 full.
6. Bake about 20 to 25 minutes.
7. Remove cupcakes and cool on rack
8. Whip up some whipping cream and pipe it onto cupcakes. Decorate per your perference.