Hence for this event, i turned to another recipe i often use when the mices crave for cheese. Enjoy~
Japanese Cotton Cheese Cake
250g Cream Cheese (softened)
60g Butter (softened)
120ml Fresh Milk
1tbsp Lemon Juice (omitted)
60g Plain Flour
30g Corn flour
6 Yolks (lightly beaten)
1/4 tsp Cream of tartar
120g Caster Sugar (*i used 100g)
1. Preheat oven 160deg
2. Grease and lined bottom of a 8" square baking tin.Wrap around the outside of baking tin with aluminium foil.
3. Place the softened cream cheese, butter and fresh milk in mixing bowl and stir over double-boiler until melt and mixture is thick and creamy. Remove it from double-boiler to cool.
4. Upon cool, add in the 6 yolks gradually and mix until well combined.
5. Sieve in the plain flour and corn flour to the batter and stir till mixed. Set aside.
6. In another bowl, whip the egg whites in till foamy, add in cream of tartar, continue to whisk. Gradually add in the caster sugar, whisk till stiff and peak. Add one-third of whites into the cheese mixture and fold till incorporated. Continue with the balance.
7. Pour the batter onto the prepared pans. Place it on top of a tray of water and bake in water bath for about one hour or until firm and golden brown.
8. Turn off the oven. Leave cake in the oven and leave the oven door ajar to cool cake.
Recipe reference: Agnes Chang VCD - Jap Cotton Cheese Cake