Quick and easy to prepare and it tastes divine!
adapted from 500 cupcakes & muffins
225g unsalted butter (softened)
225g caster sugar
225g self-raising flour
1 tsp vanilla essence
* i added 1tbsp lemon juice & 1 lemon rind
1. Preheat the oven 175degC
2. Place paper liners in muffin tins.
3. Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and beat using an electric whisk until batter turned smooth and pale, takes about 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Spoon the batter into the cases. Bake for about 20minutes
5. Remove cakes from oven and let cool on cooling racks. Frost your lemon cupcakes with lemon buttercream.