i ♥ chiffon and i ♥ light cheesecake.
When pillowy meets cottony, both are inseparable when pair together.
light in texture, rich in taste.
i shall let the pictures do the talking.
me on cloud 9. Joie de vivre.
(C) 4 yolks
♥ Coffee Chiffon Light Cheesecake ♥
(A) 60g milk
40g cream cheese
1tbsp of instant coffee powder
(B) 65g cake flour (sieved)
*30g chocolate rice (i added)
(C) 4 yolks
(D) 4 whites
pinch of salt (omitted)
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
* 30g chocolate rice
1. Preheat oven 170˚C.
2. Line a 8" cake pan (alternatively, you can use a chiffon tin. If such, do not grease nor line chiffon tin)
3. Cook milk, cream cheese and butter over double-boiler until well blended and thickens. Remove from double-boiler and let it cool down.
4. Add yolks into cheese mixture and mix until well combined.
5. Fold in flour and chocolate rice, mix until smooth.
6. Beat whites until frothy, add cream of tartar and beat till soft peaks. Gradually add in the sugar and beat till stiff peaks.
7. Fold 1/2 of the whites into cheese mixture gently with a rubber spatula or hand-whisk until just blended. Do not inflate the whites and overfold the batter. Pour the batter into the remainder cheese mixture and continue fold it gently until blended.
8. Pour batter into cake pan, bang the pan on a hard surface to release the bubbles and bake for about 35 to 40 minutes.
9. When the cake is cooked, invert the cake pan to cool. Remove the cake from the cake pan when it is completely cool.
Recipe adapted from Alex Goh Fantastic Cheesecakes - Chiffon Cheesecake