brings back good old memories...
lemon juice 3tbsp
lemon zest 3tbsp
salad oil 3tbsp
caster sugar 180g
cake flour 190g
baking powder 1/2tsp + 1/4tsp
1. Line 8" cake tin with one whole piece, round-cut baking paper.
2. Stir in salad oil (i used corn oil) with lemon juice and lemon zest in a bowl.
3. Beat eggs and gradually add in the caster sugar from slow to fast speed till colour turn pale and ribbon stage(when lift up whisk, batter slowly flow down forming ribbony traces) The volume of batter will increase.
4. Sieve in the cake flour and baking powder into the batter, follow by lemon juice +lemon zest & oil mixture (step 2)
5. Fold in gently using a hand-whisk till incorporated with no lump. However, be careful not to deflate the batter.
6. Pour batter into prelined cake tin. leave it at room temperature for 10minutes. According to Meng LaoShi, cake texture will be finer by letting the batter rest for 10minutes.
7. Meanwhile prepare steamer with water or alternatively if you do not have a steamer, you can use a wok filled with water to the level slightly more than the steamer rack. Cover wok let water boil.
8. Put cake tin in using medium heat, steam for about 20 to 25 minutes.
Recipe adapted from: 孟老师的话100道小蛋糕
Serving up next, everything coconut!