However a plain chiffon might looks a little simple for a birthday, more so its for my ah lau, must at least show some effort lol! After much cracking my mind,
tada...a dress up chiffon!
Fruity & refreshing! Goes well the soft & light chiffon.I am submitting my second chiffon post to Aspiring Bakers #1: Chiffon Cake (Nov 2010) hosted by Small Small Baker
I generously added lotsa peaches in the chiffon for more fruity flavour.
Well, irregardless whose birthday, he will be the one sitting infront of the cake blowing off the candle! lol
on a side note, I'll be busy on the upcoming weeks with posting of dear son's PSLE results follow by a trip away with my family. I may not be posting nor reply to mails during my absence.
Till then, happy baking!
adapted from Orange Chiffon
110g castor sugar
55ml Corn oil
20ml Can Peach Syrup mix with 75ml Water
130g Cake flour
*100g Can Peach (cut into cubes)
*whipping cream for dressing up chiffon
1. Preheat oven 180
2. In a bowl, whisk yolks with 1/3 of the sugar till pale in colour
3. add corn oil follow by syrup and water mixture.
4.next, sieve in cake flour, fold till combined. Add in the cubes peach
5. whisk white till foamy, slowly add in remainder 2/3 sugar till peak.
6. fold in 1/3 whites into yolk mixture
7. pour the above step 6 mixture to the remainder whites and fold in till combined. DO NOT over-fold as it will deflate the whites.
8. pour batter into 20" tube pan
9. Baking time 40mins
10. over-turn tube pan to cool
11. dress up chiffon with whipping cream