please join me the matrimony with binding ingredients of these two, i announce the marriage of ChocoChiffon.
now, will you take
Cross your fingers and repeat after me.
"In token and pledge of our constant craving and abiding love,
with this cake, let us indulge... bon appetit!"
love is in the air. enjoy with a delicious cup of crema brewed coffee
Bitter Choc Chiffon with Choc-chips & Ganache
(A) Valrhona Bitter chocolate 100g (chopped)
corn oil 10ml
(B) 3 yolks
(C) water 40ml
(D) Cake flour 60g
Valrhona cocoa powder 10g
baking powder 1/2tsp
(E) 5 whites
(F) choc-chips 2 1/2tbsp
100g Whipping cream
100g Valrhona Bitter Choc
1. Sieve Cake flour with cocoa powder and baking powder. Put aside
2. Preheat oven to 170deg C
3. Double boil to melt (A). Stir till smooth
4. In another bowl, whisk (B) till pale in colour
5. Add in melted choc (A) mixture, add (C) stir till combine
6. Add in (D), fold till mixture well-mixed. follow by adding in the choc-chips(F).
7. In another bowl, whisk whites(E) till frothy, add sugar. Whisk till peak
8. Fold gently 1/3 whites with chocolate mixture
9. Fold the balance of whites
10. Pour batter into 7" cake pan
11. Baking time around 40mins
12. Insert skewer to check if cake is done
13. Overturn cake tin to cool cake
14. Unmould cake
15. Prepare choc ganache
16. Double boil whip cream till boiling
17. Add in choc cubes. Stir till choc melts
18. Pour ganache onto top of cool chiffon
19. Ready to serve!
Recipe reference & adapted from Chiffon Cake Book