Not long ago, i was fasinated by some tangy squares with lemony topping set on a cookie crust from my blogging pals, Jane & Min. The original recipe comes from a beautiful blog, dailydelicious. Take a look at her luscious lemon squares, inviting to made you crave for more!
I did a little adjustment to suit my children's liking tho by replacing the lemon juice to mango juice. I shall made some lemon ones just for myself the next time.
The refreshing taste of mango makes it tantalyzing & addictive, a great dessert perfect for our weather!
Recipe inspired & adapted from dailydelicious-lemon squares
85g Unsalted Butter (cold)
110g Plain Flour
45g Icing Sugar
¼ tsp salt
2 Eggs(lightly beaten)
110g Castor sugar
1½ tbsp Plain Flour
⅛ tsp salt
85ml mango juice
2tbsp Whipping cream
Icing sugar (dusting)
½ tsp Mango essence (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Grease a 7" loose base square pan and line bottom with baking paper.
3. Grate butter using a grater and set aside.
4. Sift flour, icing sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add grated butter.
5. Stir with a wooden spoon until combined and crumbly.
6. Press mixture evenly onto the bottom of baking pan. Freeze it for 15mins.
7. Bake in preheated oven till slightly golden about 15-20mins
8. Take out and meantime prepare filling and reduce oven temp to 175°C
9. Whisk eggs, castor sugar, flour and salt until smooth.
10.Add in mango juice and whipping cream, stir till combined.
11. Pour the mixture over the hot crust and bake filling until set, proximately 18-20mins.
12. Cool on a wire rack.
13. Lift out from pan to cool completely before cutting into squares or any desired shapes you prefer.
14. Dust with icing sugar before serve (serve nice slightly chilled)
For illustrations & original lemon squares recipe, please refer here
Thank you Pook for this wonderful recipe!