225g Unsalted Butter (softened)
*225g caster sugar (reduced to 200g)
225g Self-raising flour
1 tsp Baking powder (omitted)
1 tsp vanilla essence
*If you have vanillar sugar, use half caster and half vanilla caster.
1. Preheat oven to 175deg.
2. Place paper baking cases in muffin tins.
3. Place all ingredients in mixing bowl and whisk until smooth & pale.
4. Spoon mixture into the cases.
5. Bake about 20mins
6. Remove cakes from oven and let it cool on rack.
7. Decorate cupcakes as per preference.
Recipe reference: 500 cupcakes & muffins