One of the many chess sets dh collected. Not for playing but rather pleasure for the eyes, all mounted & displayed on the wall in our study room. Props for my bake today.
Coffee cream piped inside the moist & light chiffon. Topped with a little bloom for that extra touch.
Coffee flavor Hokkaido Chiffon with coffee butter cream filling
1/4 tsp of salt
40g Corn oil
50g Cake flour
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
1tbsp Instant coffee dissolved in 1tbsp hot water
(B) 210g Whites
1/4 tsp Cream of tartar
100g Castor Sugar
Coffee Butter Cream filling:
Icing Sugar 45g
3tsp Instant coffee granules (dissolved with 1tbsp hot water)
1. Preheat oven at 175 degree.
2. Whisk yolk with salt. Add in oil and milk and mix well.
3. Sieve in flour and baking powder
4. Add in coffee mixture
5. Whisk whites with cream of tartar until foamy and then add in sugar, whisk until stiff.
6. gently fold in 1/3 of whites into the mixture. Then fold in the remainder whites.
7. Fill cups with batter
8. Bake for about 15mins. Leave to cool.
9. Prepare coffee butter cream.
10. Beat butter and icing sugar till fluffy and pale in colour
11. Add in milk
12. Add coffee mixture
13. Poke a hole and pipe cream into chiffon.
Recipe reference with modification: 周老师的美食教室