So, if you like moist cake with a hint of lemon, do give this recipe a try.
Meanwhile, back to my experimenting and till the next update for more finding, have a slice...
I use lemon profusely for my baking & cooking. It's one item i always stock up. Lemon is a versatile fruit! To name a few usuage, I slice it, squeeze some juice for my favourite glass ice-lemon tea to fight the heat, crispy lemon chicken which is one dish my family likes or simply uses the rind for my lemony cake. Oh and not forgetting, to destroy the ants colonie in my kitchen!
♥ Jessie Zingiest Lemon Cake ♥
150g Butter (room-temperature)
2 large eggs
Finely grated Lemon rind from 2 lemons (set aside 1/4 to sprinkle top)
200g Self-Raising Flour
200ml Plain Yoghurt
1tbsp Lemon Juice
*i prefer my cake with light hint of lemon. If you prefer it stronger, add a little more
1. Grease and line bottom of 8" baking tin.
2. Preheat oven 175°C
3. Whisk butter and sugar till fluffy and pale in colour.
4. Add in lemon rind
5. Add in the beaten eggs gradually
6. Sieve in self-raising flour
7. Add in yoghurt and lemon juice, mix till combined
8. Pour batter in cake tin
9. Smoothen top and sprinkle the balance 1/4 lemon rind on top of batter
10. Baking time abt 40mins