To kick start the term, i bake some soft & fluffy sweet buns for their breakfast and some for them to bring to school for recess.
400 Bread Flour
100 Plain Flour
1 tbsp instant yeast
100g castor sugar
1 tsp salt
75g soften butter
* some sausages
* egg wash (1 beaten egg + 1tbsp water)
1. Preheat oven 190deg
2. Mix bread flour, plain four, yeast, sugar, salt and slowly pour in water.
3. knead the dough till gluten is formed.
4. Add butter and knead till dough smooth & elastic.
5. Leave aside to prove till double in bulk.
6. After proof, weigh and slice dough in equal weight ( 10 pieces, each weigh 50g) and shape it round.
7. Leave aside to rest for 15mins
8. Next, roll the dough into individual long rod shapes. Wrap dough over the each sausage.
9. Place them on baking tray. Cover tray with plastic wrap. Leave them for final proof till double in size, estimated time about 30 minutes.
10. Brush with egg wash on top of buns, baking time about 20mins
11. Leave it to cool.
*i uses some dough shape into long sweet loaf, sprinkle with almond slices.
Recipe reference: Basic Sweet Bun Dough by Agnes Chang