These ultra rich, fudgy & chocolatey brownies will certainly satisfy chocoholics craving in an instant!
The combination of dark chocolate and coffee makes it pure decadence and complements the chocolate ganache marvellously. Chunkie walnuts, dark chocolate buttons and melt in the mouth creamy ganache taste so heavenly.
Indulge and enjoy...
140g unsalted butter
340g castor sugar
1tsp pure vanilla essence
80g cocoa powder
140g plain flour
110g walnut pieces
* i added 2tsp of instant coffee powder with 1tsp of warm water
1. Preheat oven 170deg
2. Line and grease a 8inch square cake tin.
3. Melt butter and leave to cool.
4. Using a wooden spoon gently beat the eggs with the sugar until well blended and creamy looking. 5. Stir in the cooled butter, coffee mixture and the vanilla.
6. Sift the salt, cocoa and flour together and add to the mixture. Stir until thoroughly blended, then fold in the nuts.
7. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin. Bake for about 40mins or until a skewer inserted midway between the centre and the side of the tin comes out clean.
8. Cool cake completely. Pour ganache on cake and decorate with walnuts or cut into smaller pieces and serve with dollop of ice-cream.
My Chocolate Ganache
120ml Whipping cream
150g dark cooking chocolate (chopped)
20g butter (chopped)
1. Double boil cream until warm. Add in chocolate and butter stir until it melt. Pour ganache on top of cake. Leave it to cool and set.
Serve with a dollop of ice-cream at the side. Enjoy~
Recipe reference: The Baking Book by Linda Collister & Anthony Blake