cotton cheese cake is lighter, cottony soft in texture & irresistible. Recipe is versatile, i can bake it in different variation too.
While the cheese cake was cooling on the rack, my children was already yearning for a piece around the table. They had more than one piece!
some petite ones, topped with blueberry
a cup of Irish cream tea for me...
160g Cream Cheese
30g Corn flour
1/8 tsp Cream of tartar
100g Sugar (*i used 70g)
pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven 160deg
2. Grease and lined bottom of two 20cm oval pans (*i used 8" round).Wrap outside of the pans in foil
3. Place (A) in mixing bowl and stir over double-boiler until thick. Remove it from double-boiler
4. Add (B) and mix until well combined. Add (C) and mix until well blended
5. Whip the egg whites in (D) ingredients. Continue whipping until soft peaks. Add it into the cheese mixture from step (4). Mix until well incorporated.
6. Pour the cheese filling onto the prepared pans. Bake in water bath for about 40-45mins or until firm and golden brown.
7. Remove cake from oven.
8. Remove cake from mould immediately. Set aside to cool.
* If you want it to taste more creamy, replace the milk with whipping cream
Recipe reference: Alex Goh Fantastic Cheesecake