Blueberry light cheese cake
*I used Biscuit base for the cake
Biscuit base Ingredients:
160g Cream cracker biscuits (finely crushed)
100g melted butter
Ingredients for cheese cake:
(A) 400g fresh milk
250g cream cheese
60g plain flour (sieved)
(B) 5 Yolks
20g lemon juice (omitted)
(C) 5 Whites
100g caster sugar
1. Preheat oven to 180deg
2. Line a 8" round cake tin with grease proof paper.
3. mix the biscuit base ingredients until well blended. Press it onto bottom cake tin. Refrigerate for 15mins or until firm. Place some blueberry jam on top of biscuit base.
4. Double-boil fresh milk and cream cheese until dissolved.
5. Add plain flour, stir and cook until the mixture has thickened. Remove from heat and leave to cool. 6. Add (B) and stir well.
7. Whisk (C) at high speed until soft peak is formed. Add sugar slowly.
8. Slowly fold gently 1/3 whites into cream cheese mixture yhen pour over to the remainder whites and fold till well -combined.
9. Pour batter into prepared cake tin. Place cake tin on a tray of water in preheated oven for about 20mins. Reduce the heat to 140deg and bake for another 1 hour and 45mins or until cooked.
10. Leave cake to cool in the oven with door ajar for about an hour.
11.Top cake with blueberry jam. Chill in fridge before serve.
Recipe reference: The Ultimate Indulgence Cheesecake by Chef Alan Kok