Buttery yet moist with a tangy aroma from the lemon rind & juice. The refreshing taste of the citrus still lingers in my mouth as i enjoy this hearty home-bake cake with a cup of hot english tea in the comfort of home sweet home with my family. Isn't that the joy & sweetness of home-bake one enjoys!
125g Unsalted Butter
100g Castor sugar
125g Self-Raising Flour
1 tbsp Milk
3 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
1 finely grated lemon rind
1. Preheat oven to 180deg
2. Beat butter and sugar until light.
3. Add in one egg at a time. Beat well after each addition of egg till creamy.
4. Add flour in three additions.
5. Add Milk + lemon Juice + lemon rind, mix till well-combine.
6. Baking time subject to whether you uses loaf tin, 7inches round baking tin or lovely baking cups. Bake until golden brown & cooked.
7. Remove from oven to cool.
* I love to use Golden Churn butter when i bake butter cake. Simply love the buttery fragrance.
* If you prefer more tangy taste, omit the milk and replace it to lemon juice instead
* Alternatively, you can serve when the cake is cool with a drizzle of fresh lemon juice and sprinkle lemon rind on top of the cake for more zest.