250g Unsalted Butter
200g Castor sugar
1tsp Vanilla Essence
250g Self-raising flour
some blueberry jam
1. Preheat oven to 180deg.
2. Put butter and castor sugar into a mixing bowl.
3. Use low speed to mix until even. Change to medium speed and beat until light (sugar has not dissolved yet). Add in the first egg.
4. Beat well after each addition of egg until creamy.
5. Scrape down the sides for even mixing.
6. Add in vanilla essence and mix well.
7. Divide flour into three portions, use lowest speed to mix in flour. Scrape down sides for even mixing.
8. Finally, add milk.
9. Mix until well-combined.
10. Scoop batter half-filled into individual paper cups,put some blueberry jam as fillings. Follow by batter again.
11. pipe some blueberry jam on top of batter and use a toothpick swirl around the jam around the batter.
12. Baking time about 30mins depending size of cups.
13. Remove from oven and leave to cool.
14. Serve. Enjoy~
Recipe reference: Agnes Chang Baking Made Easy
Basic Butter Cake