I simply love the light texture of Chiffon. Everyweek i will definitely bake once or twice in different flavour. My children love it too! They can gobble down few slices at one go! Especially when i add in their favourite chocolate rice in my soft & fluffy Banana Chiffon~
castor sugar 70g
Corn oil 80cc
Cake Flour 160g
(B) Banana 320g (without skin, mashed)
lemon juice 2tsp (omitted)
walnut 90g (chopped)
rum 1tbsp (omitted)
(C) Whites 280g
castor sugar 40g
1. Preheat oven 175deg.
2. Sieve Cake flour & salt. Put aside.
3. Manually whisk yolks + sugar till sugar dissolved & pale in colour.
4. add corn oil & milk, stir to combine.
5. add banana, stir to combine.
5. add in sieved (flour + salt)
6. lastly add in chopped walnuts & chocolate rice.
7. Whisk whites till foamy, add sugar slowly. Beat till before it reaches stiff peak.
8. Put 1/3 white mixture into yolk mixture and gently fold. Then pour it into the remainder whites mixture and continue gently fold till combine.
9. Uses 20cm chiffon tin. Bake for about 50mins
10. Turn chiffon tin upside down to cool.
Recipe reference: 超Q润戚风